Sunday, October 9, 2011

Only in Taiwan!

I don't know if this is sold all over the world because I have not found an appropriate time to type its name into Google yet. But if anyone else has seen 'Gash' for sale in their local mobile phone shop, please let me know!


After a heated discussion with one of the employees at the shop, I discovered that the creators intended to create a name that let people know it is cash for games. Hence the name, 'Gash'. I swiftly told her what this term meant in English and she went very red in the face and laughed.

I have found quite a few interesting names for products or shops in Taiwan. Another one I remember seeing was a shop called 'wanko' which again brought a tear to my eye. My wife thinks I am just childish and immature, but I guess she doesn't understand the way me and my English friends would!


If you have seen any funny shop names in Taiwan, please let me know because I think they are hilarious!

Over and out...

1 comment:

  1. Hi David

    Came across your blog the other day. Hope you are both well, a long time since we met! Let me know you're still at this address and we can correspond. Best Wishes Denise and Andy Finnie, Belbroughton

    ReplyDelete