Friday, December 2, 2011

Life

I think it is time for a much-needed update. My wound has finally healed after having the 30 stitches removed a couple of weeks ago. It has been over a month now since the operation and so far I have only gained a few mm movement of my pinkie and thumb. Fingers crossed (lol) I will recover soon though with my electrotherapy and physio sessions.

My job is going well and I have a great team of friends to work with that really make my job worth doing. I am really into the swing of things now and am finding it a breeze.

The house is coming on slowly. I have finally decided that I can't tolerate using a cold chisel and hammer to remove the tiles any more so I have officially invested in a hammer drill which should be delivered before my next 5 day holiday so I can get in there and finally remove them all.

My documents for my visa finally arrived from Britain today but sadly my criminal record check is now older than three months, which means I may need to apply for another one and get my visitor visa extended before I can get my ARC and resident visa, which is a massive pain in the ass.

I hope everyone is doing well. Will be in touch soon! Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi David, again, long time since we spoke, apologies as usual. Fianlly got round to looking at the blog you highlighted in your last note to us (I guess some time before Xmas). Sorry to hear about your injury, it looks really painful. Hopefully things will have been on the mend since. Den is well, only 3 weeks to go to Easter break she says! We've booked a weeks holiday in Rhodes as we both felt we needed a break. St Kenelm's class for her this year is very tough; she's actually at another meeting tonight, they seem to be endless! We're both OK otherwise, enjoying grandson Leo, who was one on 1st feb. He's at the really ineteresting stage of walking and starting to say a few words. We've got a wedding of our own to look forward to on 30th June when son Rob marries Louise.

    Send our love to Scully and all her family out there. We remember last September with fondness. You must be having a real experience out there. Now we've got your blog address I'll point it out to Den, she's not too compuer literate. Not that I am either!

    Best wishes & keep in touch!

    den & Andy Finnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andy, thanks for the reply! My arm really hurt for a while but now the pain is only in my scar, which is lessening with time. Going to regular therapy for my thumb, but still no improvement of motion, fingers crossed still!

      A holiday in Rhodes sounds lovely! Which Rhodes do you mean though? I'm assuming it is the Rhodes in Greece. That is fantastic!

      Good to hear you are both doing well; I've been wondering how you are getting on and missing my time at St. Kenelm's, which I enjoyed very much. I was actually looking through the pictures that were taken on the Hartlebury Museum trip with Scully the other day, it seems like such a long time ago now. I hope the class becomes better and any problems get ironed out.

      Wow the wedding is very soon, I bet a few people are stressed out! I know me and Scully were a few months before ours. I bet Leo is much bigger than last time we saw him.

      Although I haven't updated the blog in a while, we have been very busy. Scully has got a job now as an education consultant and I'm busy working too. I will put the rest in my next blog for you both :)

      Take care and best wishes to you, Den and all of your family!

      Keep in touch,

      Dave

      Delete